Sunday, January 10, 2010

What's your Passion?

Once upon a time, I thought a few of my friends that I work with at the Association were crazy, almost to the verge of loco. We'll call these friends Kenny, Sally, Jerry and David. This group of friends ran each and every day and no one was chasing them--they ran because they enjoyed it! Then, after careful observation and some understanding on my part, I grew to understand they weren't really crazy--really. They were passionate. They all shared a passion as runners.

During the past weekend, my friend and mentor, Sally Northcutt, ran 39.3 miles, competing in and completing the Disney half-marathon and Disney marathon on back-to-back days thus earning the "Goofy Challenge" medal. Sally is a dedicated, talented athlete who has competed in numerous marathons across the country, including the Boston Marathon (I was in her cheering section last April). She is also an avid golfer. Sally loves running. And for those of you keeping up with the weather, you might imagine that training for a major running event this winter in Missouri hasn't been easy, so she's booked quite a few treadmill hours--not ideal for a runner. But, because of Sally's PASSION, she now has three more AWESOME medals and two more races under her belt.



I'm so proud of Sally, and all of my running friends. I'm a runner's fan. Marathon's are great spectator events! I've been to the Chicago Marathon to watch Jerry, Boston to watch Jerry and Sally; Las Vegas to watch Kenny and his wife Nicole cross the finish, and some local races. If you ever get the chance, go and cheer on the runners--it is a huge boost for them. Though I'm not a runner, these folks all show true passion for what they do. They are great athletes. They compete on their own, independent of others for their own success.

Do you have a passion? What is in your life that gets you truly excited? Today I challenge you to think about your passion in life? Follow that passion, and and you'll always have something to stand for or chase after!

No comments:

Post a Comment