Saturday, January 9, 2010

My wish for you. . .

For the past 11 years, during the National Western, I drive by the Denver Rescue Mission each day enroute between my comfortable downtown Denver hotel and the NWSS Complex. Each morning and evening, I witness homeless people lined up for meals and even worse sleeping huddled up next to each other on the cold concrete with a thin blanket and their possessions in a grocery bag next to them. And, each time I think to myself, "How do these people end up with no one to love them and no where to go?"

I know some year I WILL break down, buy some blankets or even contact the Rescue Mission before I come to Denver to see how I can make a difference. I just can't imagine that these people have no one in their lives. I am definitely blessed to have family and friends across the country and around the world that I could call in a time of need, and crash on their couch or floor. I would be happy if a friend would offer me a bread and butter sandwich. These people are sleeping on concrete in sub-zero temperatures!

So, my wish for you friends, is this: if your life is ever so bad that you have no place to go or no where to turn, call me! I am here for you. I have room, beds, blankets, food. I may not be wealthy, but I pray I always have a roof in some form over my head and as long as I do, my house is open to you. And, when you are under my roof, there is nothing that you, me and God can't handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment