Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dream Big

This morning my friend Ashley posted this to his Facebook page:

It takes courage to Dream big Dreams. You will discover that courage when you do three things: Accept the past, Trust God to Handle the Future, and Make the most of the day He has given you. No Dream or Hope is to big for God if it is in his plan for your good.

I have been thinking about this statement all day. As a youngster, I had dreams--dreams that were pretty big for a little girl in the Nebraska Sandhills: I was going to be a successful writer and photographer, raise great purebred livestock, be a loving wife and mother. Of course, I thought all my dreams would come true by the time I was 25. Then real life happened. However, I'm very blessed, and as I am approaching my 37th year, I realize some of my dreams have come true, and some of the best and biggest dreams still will, as long as they are God's will.

So, if I can leave you with one thought this evening, remember this. God has a plan for all of us. We don't know that plan until it happens, but when it does, it is something special. Until then, DREAM BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment