Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh the places you'll go!

Travel isn't a glamorous part of my job.


In the past 24 hours, I've been in five airports, in four states, slept in my own beds less than four hours, and spent about three hours in the office. Yes, I should have my head examined. But, I wouldn't trade one minute of these last 24 hours for anything! Well maybe the turbulence, wasn't the best, but I love the experiences of watching people, eating TCBY in Denver, and evening listening to the 'ding, ding, ding, ding,' of slot machines in Reno and Vegas.

I have been blessed with a career that allows me to travel to various places, and lets me meet a variety of people and take part in various events. Last Thursday through yesterday, I was in Reno, NV, for a Super Point Roll of Victory Show and Regional Junior Angus Show; both of which had record numbers. I got to spend time with Angus exhibitors, meet new people, play some blackjack, and oversee a show, which even went on without a glitch.

The next two days, I'll be driving this year's National Angus Tour in South Montana with regional manager Andy Rest. I'll get to see brand new country, meet some Angus people I've never met and get to see some old friends. These next two days will be spent on ranches, totally different from the show ring in Reno, and yet, I love both experiences.

Someone once said, if you love your job, it isn't really work. I totally agree. From now through July, my job will take me to Denver (three times), Virginia, Maryland, Illinois (twice), Washington D.C., Wisconsin, Kentucky, and perhaps some other stops along the way. Each trip will offer something a little different, and yet each trip will be rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment