Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Thankful Thursday

Never, ever take life for granted.


When I first started working at American Angus 11 1/2 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to invest in a multi-pack of sympathy cards, for when a co-worker, director or friend's loved one passed away. And, these deaths always happened to occur in "threes". Now, I can barely keep enough sympathy cards on hand, and I must admit I've turned to using the the funeral homes "online condolence" feature more and more for acquaintances and Angus breeders. Just this week, I know of four cattle producers who have passed away. And, I have three friends or friends of friends who have undergone major surgery.

Yesterday afternoon I met with Pastor Gary. At the end of our meeting, he asked if I had any prayer requests. . .boy was that the wrong question to ask me! I had a list. Then he stated that he remembered that I always listed several people weekly on my church attendance sheet, and asked how I knew so many struggling people. I told him, I didn't know all of them personally, just that I believed in the power of prayer, and my friends and family know that, so they pass prayer requests onto me. (You can too at anytime.)

So, I'm sorry this is grim. It isn't uplifting or funny like my friends' Luke and Catherine's blog. But, I'm getting to my point. Tonight or tomorrow or this weekend whenever you take time to read this blog, give thanks for the things you have. Right now I am so thankful for my health, my family and friends that support and uplift me, my faith, my home and my career. And tell someone that you are thankful. Tell God. Tell your mom or dad or significant other or a friend or the lady at the drive thru window. Write a note. Write a poem. Donate to a charity. Give thanks. And never, ever take life for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment