Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cabin Fever

I think I must be crazy.

Ok, those of you who know me well can stop laughing or nodding your head in agreement now. I admitted it. I'm crazy. But, I partially blame my parents. You see on weekends I'm in Saint Joseph, I have to force myself not to go to the office. And, with the exception of one weekend I traveled in March for work and the Easter/Spring break trip to Nebraska, I have been home in March and April up to this point, which means I've been home the longest stretch I can remember in quite some time. This is all good as it has given me ample time to organize the eight events I'm working on at work, plus coordinate summer and fall show travels. But, I have cabin fever on weekends.

That's right. I have to force myself not to go into the office. Which means my house is spotless, laundry caught up, spice shelf organized, garage organized, closet color coordinated, and weeds picked out of my "rock garden" patio. I have walked the neighborhood, shopped, baked, and written letters. And today, I even watched two movies (which I rarely do), and then started to go to the office. Oh, and why do I blame my parents?? Because they are the people who instilled this work ethic into me!

So, I know I should enjoy this calm before the storm. Because starting next weekend when I get to go to Reno for the WNAF/WREG, there are very few weekends I get to actually live in my house in May, June, July, August, and September. Those months, my house becomes more of a place to sleep and do laundry a few nights a week. And, by October, I'll welcome a little more time at home. At least I'll be doing something productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment