Saturday, May 1, 2010

How's Your Weather?

Snow. Rain. Sleet. Hail. Sunshine. It's a topic of conversation no matter where you are or what your age. I always thought it was an agricultural topic of conversation because as people of the land our lives revolve around the elements. You can't plant or harvest if it's too wet, but the crops won't grow if it's too dry.

This week, I have experienced all four seasons. You read that correctly. I never left the Continental U.S., yet experienced all four seasons. We've had spring showers here in Missouri; it was hotter than the dickens in Reno, almost like Summer; Wednesday in Montana was like a cool fall day, followed by a winter Wonderland on Thursday morning when I woke up in Bozeman. Yes, this photo was taken Thursday, APRIL 29 in Bozeman, Mont.
I couldn't believe the snow. I believed it alright when it caused my flight to be delayed 6 plus hours.

The weather. It is an universal language, too. Last night on my Delta flight from Minneapolis to KC, I had a European trio behind me. I am unsure what language they spoke, but about every fifth word had a harsh "iche" attached to the end. The three words I did understood came during our initial decent into KC through some pretty rough turbulence. When following the captain's announcement, I heard them say, "Thunderstorms. Kansas. Twisters-iche." I had to chuckle, especially since we were on the Missouri side.

We need a new topic. What else could we talk about? We can't talk about politics or religion...oh no! That would be bad. We can't agree on those subjects. So, how's the weather where you are?

2 comments:

  1. I was really thinking I wanted to visit Lacey in Bozeman...till I saw your picutes and remembered it's winter there 9 months of the year. Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oklahoma can't figure out what to do, as usual:) Since I work for the Wheat Commission that is ALL we talk about. Let's change the conversation to sales or cattle... NAH!!
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete