Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome to my thoughts on life. . .

Welcome to my first blog posting. I've had this in the back of my mind that I should create a blog oh for about three years now, but then I think, do I really have anything that interesting to say? Well, today it is a snowy, dreary day in Northwest Nebraska--two days before Christmas. My parents are "iced in" in Kansas and this will be my first Christmas in 36 years without them. . .then I realized I need to put on my big girl pants and COUNT MY BLESSINGS!

So, if you are reading this post, you likely don't need an introduction to who I am, but tonight you are going to learn what I'm really thankful for in life. Ready?
1. I'm thankful I was raised in a loving, 2-parent Christian home.
2. I'm thankful for the troops who are right now fighting for for my FREEDOM to live in American and write this blog. And all who have served before them.
3. I'm thankful for the roof over my head and for the grandparents in the other room sleeping in their recliners with the TV blaring.
4. I'm thankful my parents are safe in their home and not a statistic between here and Russell, KS.
5. I'm thankful for a career I truly love that pays the bills, and allows me to purchase a new home this year.
6. I'm thankful for my friends across the country and around the world. They are precious to me.
7. I'm thankful for the farmers and ranchers that raise the food that my grandma has stuffed me with in the last 24 hours--it took 12 months to lose 30 pounds, and she will put those pounds back on me in 3 days!
8. I'm thankful that I can stop and see my great grandma on Saturday who's 102 3/4.
9. I'm thankful for this sprint card that gives me internet access in middle of nowhere!
10. Finally, I'm thankful for Christ, our Savior, who died for my sins!

So, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and take some time to count your blessings this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment