Saturday, December 26, 2009

The real meaning of Christmas

These thoughts are my reflection on the Christmas of 2009, one of the most different in my life, due to a couple different forces--Mother Nature and God. First, Mother Nature wreaked havoc on much of the Midwest, which iced in my parents so they were in Kansas and I was in Nebraska, making it the first Christmas we have been apart. I expected this to happen eventually, but due to me having a significant other, not a blizzard.

So, enlight of this, I reached a little deeper into my faith with the help of friend and really focused on the true meaning of Christmas. And, I realized though my parents were absent I still was surrounded by family, and I was still able to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour! So, I re-read Luke 2, said a special prayer for all the loved ones scattered across the country and those with special needs and then I embraced the time with my grandparents, aunt and uncle and favorite cousin, his wife and two precious kids. I didn't open gifts on Christmas this year, but I received two of the best gifts ever--a phone call from a friend on Christmas afternoon and the realization of real meaning of Christmas.

Isn't growing up fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment